Bar Code Add-On Module for ComputerEase
Using any Windows Mobile Device, warehouse items can be bar coded and sent to jobs, transferred to other warehouses or vehicles, or brought back from jobs to the warehouse. Warehouse managers can also conduct physical counts even receive purchase orders. Information gathered from bar code scanners updates ComputerEase instantly – adjusting inventory quantities, updating jobs, and fulfilling purchase orders.
Bar Coding scanning works with multiple functions
- ComputerEase Job Transfers (to and from)
- Warehouse Transfers
- PO Receiving
- Pull Lists
The Bar Code module uses the CE/SQL interface, which is also the foundation for other Microsoft modules.
System Requirements The Bar Code Module has the following minimum requirements:
- Microsoft SQL Server Express 2008 R2 (free)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 or better
- Windows Mobile Bar Code smart device with Windows mobile 6.0 or newer
- Wifi Network
- IIS and SSRS needed for Reporting with bar codes
- SQL Server Compact for Windows Mobile (free)
- .NET Compact Framework 3.5 or newer
- ComputerEase 9.0 with Inventory UPC fields configured
- ComputerEase ODBC installed and configured
In addition, a wireless network is needed in the warehouse, along with a wireless mobile device and bar code printer.